I am sick :(
There is a nasty stomach bug tearing through my group and I think I contracted some kind of mutated verison of it yesterday. My stomach was only bothering me for a short time, but then I was left with a cough/sore throat. And last night, when I had a fever and felt dizzy, my host mom Jessica insisted on taking me to the clinic. Personally, I would've been content to wait it out, but apparently the whole "Mom knows best" thing is not just an American phenomenon. So we went to the clinic and 46 mill pesos later I have amoxicilina, ibuprofeno, and a promise from Dr. Álvarez that I will, indeed, survive. Well that is good news.
I feel a lot better this morning but still super tired and obviously not in classes today. My host mom is a great nurse and brought me tea and toast in bed this morning, and I also found the WB on t.v. so I've already watched Friends and Two and a Half Men. I might just have to bust out Mary Poppins this afternoon.
Hi Sweetie,
ReplyDeleteSorry you're not up to par, but so glad you've got a host Mommy that is taking such good care of you. Added to the antibiotice and Ibuprofin, don't forget the "other antibiotic", chicken soup. That's world wide, so I'm sure you can find some of that around.
Hope you feel better soon.
I know you heard the good news at this end.
Love U and sending a big smooch you way!,
Grammy
You poor baby. So sorry you are sick. Please tell Jessica a million thank yous for taking care of my little girl. I am sure you will feel better tomorrow....maybe the whole family would like to watch Mary Poppins together! I will send you healthy thoughts!! xoxoxoxo mommy
ReplyDeleteMary Poppins LEAVES at the end??? I do not remember this...
ReplyDeleteUm, yes sweetie. It's funny how you don't remember something you apparently find upsetting. I'm sure there're a psych. lesson there somewhere. Anyway, I wonder when was the last time you watched Mary Poppins? It has to have been YEARS. When you come home, lets watch together, ok? Miss you. MMMMWWWWAAAAAHHHHHH!
ReplyDeleteYou are supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Wanna hear a joke? RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUM PUNCH!! ja ja ja ajj ajajjjajjajjajajaj :)