November 3, 2010

Still in Temuco

Learning lots about the Mapuche. 


 As I have already alluded to, the South is way more verdent than the North of Chile. While my dusty, little Arica is beautiful because it is my home here in Chile,it was nice to get a break from all the sand.


In addition to be lovely and green, the South is also quite cold. Each of our "cabanas" (suites) had a fireplace that was supposed to keep us warm. Too bad neither I nor any of my dear cabana-mates knew how to start a fire.

Jenn and Maria try AGAIN to build a fire.

Jenn and Maria fail AGAIN at building a fire.

Leo, the assistent director of our program, comes to save us.

Like all of the other girls in our program (and like the boys, too, I think!) I have a litttttle crush on Leo.
 

3 comments:

  1. I don't blame you! He's cute! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better...so you realize you missed Halloween???? I actually put together a FedEx pkg for you...but I'm really sorry...I'll save it for you...they wanted almost two hundred dollars to ship it! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Love you...Auntie E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I realized Halloween had passed! No worries about the package, just save me some chocolate please!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    So now that you're back in Arica, what's new and interesting? We miss the updates.

    Thought of sending you a "CARE" package of Mac and Cheese, but remembered one of your e-mails saying, "no packages, please", so it will have to wait until you get home.

    Love U,

    Grammy

    ReplyDelete